Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

I made these up Sunday morning to use up the pumpkin I had. They were yummy. I use a pancake mix that I mix up myself and store in an airtight container in my pantry.

Pancake Mix:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg

Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. In a small bowl whisk together milk and eggs. (I use a 2 cup liquid measuring cup and pour the milk in first to the 1 cup line then crack the egg straight into it and whisk them together.) Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine. Let sit while your pan heats up.

Note: I add flax seed or wheat germ to the dry mix and mix it all up and you can't taste it and no one notices.

I times the basic resipe by six and store it. Here it is all figured out for you:
3 cups AP flour
3 cups WW flour
4 Tbsp or 1/4 cup baking powder
3 Tbsp salt
6 Tbsp or 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar

Pumpkin Pancakes:
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp oil
1 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice

Add the pumpkin pie spice to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. In a medium bowl beat eggs. Add milk, pumpkin and vanilla and whisk together. Add wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together. Let sit while the pan heats up.

Note: If you have buttermilk you want to use up or you just like buttermilk pancakes you can use it in replace of the milk, just add 1/2 tsp baking soda.

2 comments:

  1. when you times the recipe by six, how do you measure out how much you need for one batch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I measure out 1 cup with a little extra on the top. Then I add 1 cup milk and one egg. If it's too dry I add a bit more milk and vise versa.

    ReplyDelete