Monday, August 8, 2011

Zucchini with Garlic and Tomato

I made this the other night and it was really good. I recommend not having this as the main dish, but as a refreshing side. Unless you are someone who doesn't enjoy eating a lot of food. In that case you will be just fine. We unfortunately are pigs and to our sadness didn't have a whole lot of food in the house. Really we just needed some chicken or fish and it would have been perfect meal. Also if you have a tool to julienne your zucchini it makes life much easier. Of course I wouldn't know of that ease cause I don't have one. Note to self... order one from Pampered Chef. Justin and I were both surprised with how good this was. I was even more surprised that Justin liked it. The raw garlic adds a great zing and I did enjoy my addition of the garbanzo beans. Wait has Wendi taken over?? Seriously Wendi and her garbanzo beans are killing me. It's perfect for summer and takes no time to make. I found it on the cover of Martha Stewart's Whole living and just mixed it up a bit.

8 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
pine nuts
1/2 to 1 cup garbanzo or white beans
2 Tbsp torn fresh basil, plus leaves for garnish
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Sea salt
1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise, slices cut into 1/4-inch-long strips

In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts, basil, beans, and oil. Season with salt. Let stand 20minutes. Toss with zucchini and garnish with basil

*I think this might be even better the next day

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay! i will make this tomorrow. totally up my alley. as is the sorbet actually but i only have strawberries. you think that would work?

    way to update, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see why not, they are both berries. Strawberries sound super good so tell me how it goes.

    ReplyDelete