Monday, August 1, 2011

For Emily

It's time to resurrect the food blog. I actually really like being able to access my recipes online - so even if the other contributors continue to fail to contribute, that's ok. So up first is a quick and easy dinner that I made last night. I wanted something I could throw in the oven and not worry about - it came out delicious! I made some brown rice and sauteed broccoli while the chicken was cooking.

Sweet and Tangy Baked Chicken

4 chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup honey
1 clove minced garlic
2 Tbsp corn starch
fresh ground pepper


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375* Place chicken in a baking dish.

In a small saucepan, stir together the remaining ingredients. Let simmer for a couple minutes. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking another 10-15 minutes, until sauce has caramelized and chicken is cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. YES!! just saw this post. thank you for resurrecting, you know i love this site.

    ReplyDelete