Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blackberry Sorbet

We have no air conditioning in our house so everything we make is pretty much on the grill. I want to be making some crisps and zucchini bread but that would require me to turn on my oven. Then I would be dead from heat stroke and wouldn't be able to enjoy the goodies I just slaved over. Sooo I was smart and made a sorbet! It's blackberry season and since they grow like a weed around here I thought it would be good to use them. Free and Free are the best ingredients. I made it last night and it was super easy. I looked up a bunch of recipes online and this is what I put together

4 cups fresh blackberries
1 cup water
1/2 to 2/3 cup raw honey ( use less if wanting more tart)
2 tsp lemon juice

Rinse blackberries to wash off any little bugs that were hiding when picked. Add blackberries, water, and honey to blender. I used my vita mix but you could use a food processor also. Mix and pour mixture through sieve to remove all the seeds. If you don't mind seeds then skip the sieve. Add lemon juice and mix once more. Pour blackberry mixture into ice cream maker. I put my sorbet into the freezer to firm up a bit so we weren't drinking juice by the time I got our spoons out.


* with the raw honey...you could use any type of honey. I just have this weird fixation with buying honey. The raw honey is really good and I'm also not sure if the sweetness changes with raw or cooked. I really don't know much about anything just that this tasted super good.

No comments:

Post a Comment