Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cinnamon Bun Carmel Popcorn

Yeah in your face! Here is another post and it's one of Mendi's recipes.....So our sister made this on New Years Eve and it was amazing! I wish I was eating it right now. Also if you don't love cooking or are a challenged cook, it's all made in the microwave. I usually pass on anything popcorn because I can't stand the kernals in my teeth, but this was worth all the flossing.

12 c. popped popcorn
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. brown sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
¼ c. light Karo syrup
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. baking soda
3 sq. almond bark

Put popcorn and pecans in a big bowl.

In a microwave safe bowl, add brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix. Chop butter and put on top, put corn syrup on top of that. Microwave 30 seconds, stir, microwave 2 minutes, stir, microwave 2 more minutes. Put vanilla, soda into hot mixture (will foam). Pour into popcorn mixture and then put onto foiled jelly roll pan. Bake at 250 for 30 minutes.

Pour baked mixture onto wax paper. Melt almond bark, drizzle over popcorn. Break into chunks.

Makes 5 small containers worth.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for letting me know you have a food blog...NOT! glad I found it and I can add this to my Mermaids cookbook

    ReplyDelete