Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baked Chicken Pasta

After the weekend of chili, potato soup, scones, and candy I decided to make something not so heavy. I made roast chicken last night so I used one of the breasts and didn't have to cook my chicken. I found this recipe from the Hot Italian on food network (Giada De Laurentiis). Of course I made some changes though to go with what I had. Here's the original recipe. It was so good, I love baked pastas. Here's what I did:

1/2 box of any short pasta (I used bow ties)
2 Tbsp olilve oil
1 chicken breast, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup shredded mozzarella (i used provolone)
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (italian parsley)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 400*.

Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just tender, about 5-6 minutes. Drain pasta and reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Put pasta and water back into the pot.

Meanwhile, put olive oil into a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic, stirring to combine and cook until onions are soft and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more. (I only sauteed onions and garlic for 5 minutes then tossed in my already cooked chicken breast). Put the chicken mixture into the bowl of pasta. Add the canned tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Dump into a 9x13 baking dish. Mix together the bread crumbs and parmesan and sprinkle over pasta. Bake until top is golden brown, about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment