Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Salsa

This is my version of PWs Restaurant Style Salsa. So good - you should all make it. And by that I mean the 2 people that read this. I toned down the heat because I like a little kick but I don 't like it when my tongue swells up from the heat and therefore prevents me from eating more salsa.

1 can (28oz) Whole Tomatoes with juice
2 cans (10oz) Rotel, mild
1/4 cups chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 whole lime juice

Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse to get desired consistency - I like about 10 times. Test out your seasonings and adjust as necessary. Refrigerate. Makes about 2 quarts.

PS If you like it hot, add a chopped up jalapeno and switch one can of Rotel to Original or switch both cans and no jalapeno or whatever tongue swelling combination your heart desires

1 comment:

  1. as one of your two followers, I thank you! I will try this, as Rotel and fresh cilantro are some of my best friends. YUM!

    ReplyDelete